Class 1: The Power of Breathing
Warning: Always do the breathing exercise in a safe environment (e.g. sitting on a couch/floor) and unforced. Never practice it before or during diving, driving, swimming, taking a bath or any other environment/place where it might be dangerous to faint. The breathing exercise has a profound effect and should be practiced in the way it is explained.
Available subtitles: EN, NL, DE, FR, ES and PT.
Breathing Technique Step-by-Step:
- Step 1: Get Comfortable
- Step 2: Start to breathe. Fully in (nose/mouth) then let go (mouth), continuously, 30-40 times
- Step 3: Last breath - breathe out, emptying the lungs. Hold for as long as you can (no force)
- Step 4: After the hold, take a deep breath in and hold for 10-15 seconds
- Step 5: Repeat the entire process for another 2 or 3 rounds
Breathing Technique Tips
- Relax. A relaxed body on an empty stomach absorbs more oxygen
- Feel. Don’t get too hung up on counting, feel how your body responds
- Observe. Record your thoughts and retention times (but remember it’s not a competition)